We are delighted to be offering this program for people who can run 5k and are looking to transition from 5k to 10k distance, improve their current 10k performance, or transition from another sport into running. The program starts on 13th June 2019 and finishes on 11th August 2019.
Participants can expect:
- One-to-one assessments with the coach twice during the program to plan and review your individual training plan
- Three to four coached training sessions each week, including Monday evening interval sessions, the Wednesday evening club run, Thursday evening technical/expert sessions (which will usually be one to two hours with invited guests some weeks) and a fourth (typically longer) group run most weekends
- The opportunity to try different techniques, diet and products to discover what works best for you
- Coaching support between sessions as required
The program has been designed for athletes who are already confident at the 5k distance and can run 5k in between 20 minutes and 35 minutes. It is individual-centred, and participants will be set their own goals with the coach for the program. The program itself focusses on four main themes:
- Nutrition and hydration – which looks at the approach to pre-, post- and mid-race food and drink, and also more broadly at diet to support your running goals.
- Energy systems – understanding how they work, what role they play in your performance, and how to target training at developing specific energy systems.
- Efficiency – including the muscle groups involved in running, the difference between strength, endurance and speed, skills and techniques, and how to effectively cross-train.
- Psychology– covering the mental factors affecting performance, race-day tips, managing adrenaline and ‘marginal gains’ to improve race times.
If you are unable to make the sessions during the week, these will not be repeated. However, if you cannot make the longer weekend group run, it is possible to do this in your own time.
The program is open to members and non-members. For club members, there is a £17.50 program registration fee. For non-members the registration fee is £27.50, but this includes a £10 credit towards club membership if you join the club before the end of the program.
Places on this program are limited to a maximum of 12, and your place will not be confirmed until you have completed the registration form below and paid the appropriate registration fee.
If there’s anything else you would like to know, please drop the program leader Chris Lees an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call on 07773 770737.
To register for the program, please complete the form below. By completing this form and submitting it you are confirming that you have read and understand everything on this page including the disclaimer below.
Please note that the club does not have a junior section at this time and so unfortunately you need to be at least 18 years of age in order to participate in this program.
The information we collect about you is processed according to our Club Privacy Statement & Policy.
We will send final joining instructions no later than Wednesday 9th January to those who have registered.
Running Group Leaders and Coaches are qualified leaders and are willing to share their experience and enjoyment of the sport with me. By registering for this program I confirm that I understand that participation in this group is entirely at my own risk and that I should consult my own doctor if I am suffering from any condition that might make running injurious to my health.